[Community-Discuss] Blog Published this week

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Apr 15 19:06:13 UTC 2021

In message <04590609-E26B-4C6D-9E83-4134E3F525C2 at afrinic.net>,
AFRINIC Communication <comms at afrinic.net> wrote:

>As we find ourselves turning to the Internet more and more to

>manage our lives, internet routing and security becomes an

>increasingly important topic. This is why Resource Public Key

>Infrastructure (RPKI) is crucial.

My hope is that most people on this list already know this fact.

Maybe you should focus instead on explaining the importance of
RPKI to some of the Tier 0 providers, sich as Cogent (AS174) and
Telia (AS1299) who clearly don't give a damn about RPKI and who
will allow any random idiot/criminal to hook up to them and then
announce routes to whatever squatted IP space they want.

https://bgp.he.net/AS398968