[Community-Discuss] Yet more data base problems/inconsistancies

AFRINIC Communication comms at afrinic.net
Fri Nov 6 14:45:08 UTC 2020

Dear Community members,

We have been working on this when it came to our attention and we hope to have this resolved and deployed soon. We shall keep the community updated as soon as this has been done.

The domain objects with the trailing dot were previously possible according to RFC 1034. The AFRINIC whois Database however does not allow the creation of this type of domains.

The objects in question cannot be queried via port 43 as the Whois Database automatically removes any trailing dot from the object key.

Regarding the issue with the zone files, we are still investigating and an update will be provided to the community as soon as it is resolved.

Regards,

Ashil Oogarah

On behalf of AFRINIC's IT and Engineering Team