[Community-Discuss] NomCom Chairs Private Message

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:00:06 UTC 2020

Hi Marcus,

I agree with Badru. I was not sure your Email was inviting any comment or
response from the NOMCOM Chair, as the said solicitation email was not
shared. In my little corner, I was remembering that the Southern Africa and
Western Africa regions cannot contest in the current Board Elections. This
is certainly the reason why NOMCOM is made of people from Southern Africa
and Western Africa, who cannot run for Board positions.

Of course, I understand the Independent Board seats are not filled via any
regional affiliation, but if you want to push some issue of conflict of
interests, you may send the evidences to the Board and I expect working
with the Governance Committee, they can take a good look at it to ensure
fairness, openness and transparency.

Pushing it further here, will only ginger some mob action, which is not in
the overall interest of the organization.

Just my personal thoughts.

Have a nice day.

Sunday.