[Community-Discuss] Table of changes: AFRINIC Bylaw review

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Aug 20 21:20:29 UTC 2020

In acknowledgement of your efforts please see inline response.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, 19:50 Anthony Ubah, <ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason being that since Internet Resources is a public resource in the

> first place, membership should not be based on geographical boundaries.

You are basically saying there is no need for Afrinic which is mandated to
service the African and Indian Ocean region as an RIR.

Geography matters please..

AFRINIC is a registry and it should not necessarily be their business to

> scrutinize why an entity is applying to use the Internet Number Resources

> and how they are going to use it.

This would be irresponsible and again I disagree with your rationale.

I think AFRINIC staff should not be the one to wield the power/control as

> to how resources are to be distributed. So I’m merely proposing to delete

> the requirement of “justified its need for the right to use Internet Number

> Resources to AFRINIC”.

I disagree with your mere proposal. Its Afrinics role to ensure compliance
to INR as they were allocated/assigned hence the policies and the RSA.

Noah