[Community-Discuss] Table of changes: AFRINIC Bylaw review

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Aug 19 21:53:04 UTC 2020

Hi Ubah

Before I could read further, I ran into the below statement in quotes.

"AFRINIC is just a book-keeper and shall not be involved in policy-related
matters by requiring Resource Members to justify their needs to AFRINIC.
Also, this shall not appear in Bylaws - how resources are distributed shall
be decided by Policy approved by community discussion.".

I disagree categorically with the above rationale and it's not new because
we as a community have in the past had similar arguments of how AfriNIC is
somehow a book keeper from a certain member of the community which goes to
undermine AfriNICs role in the Internet ecosystem.

Noah