[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC-31 Meeting

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Nov 18 19:40:40 UTC 2019

Well is a nice history actually:

The “initial problem” of the online system (which I always prefer) is that you can only use it within the 60 days of the meeting). They were asking for a 1 year minimum validity passport, and mine was only valid for 9 months at the meeting time ….

Then the Madrid consulate said they only need 6 months passport, but same problem of only 60 days before the meeting, which was impossible for me, because I was *all the time traveling* in that period …

And they said “ah by the way, our system is broken, so we don’t know when we will be able to do visas …”

Then the online system reports that you need to do the biometry in the consulate … and the consulate told me “even when we fix our system, we don’t know yet when, we don’t have access to the on-line system so there is no way we can validate your visa biometry …” wow!

Finally, just in case, I renewed my passport anticipately … tried the electronic system and with the support of the local host which provided a few documents (they reacted in a matter of few hours, thanks a lot for that!), in a couple of days, I got the visa without the need of a physical biometry validation in the consultate.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet