[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC-31 Meeting

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Sun Nov 17 12:46:15 UTC 2019

On 17 Nov 2019, at 13:09, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss
wrote:

> I don’t think AFRINIC publishes an attendee list, an even less with

> contact emails, so not sure how that will work.

> At least, I just looked at the website (and recent events websites)

> and couldn’t find it.

many years ago, there were meeting-specific mailing lists, so that
meeting attendees could share taxi rides, find dinner partners, or
jogging trails, .. etc. without spamming regular mailing lists. if you
weren’t registered for the specific meeting (and presumably onsite)
you were saved from the span of “where is a nice place to .. “ type
messages, which were only really contextually useful for meeting
attendees. the lists were killed shortly after the meeting.

that process was unfortunately discontinued.

-n.