[Community-Discuss] Operational Matters

Eddy Kayihura eddy at afrinic.net
Wed Nov 6 19:16:28 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that I have been following the ongoing
conversations on our various mailings lists with great interest.  I
thank you for the feedback and concerns which I believe can only
strengthen AFRINIC operations going forward.

I would particularly like to respond to emails concerning the roles of
the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the AFRINIC Board of Directors
(BoD) in communicating with Members and the Community. This is something
we have been discussing with the BoD right after my appointment , and I
would like to state that, from now henceforth, all matters concerning
AFRINIC operations will be dealt by me. The BoD is in charge of
governance, strategy and oversight role of the affairs of the company as
described in section 15 of the Bylaws.

I hope this addresses some of the concerns raised.

I take this opportunity to once again thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

EddyKayihura

CEO, AFRINIC