[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

John Walu walu.john at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:05:33 UTC 2019

@Andrew

I thot AfriNIC has a well-established mechanism for supporting or not
supporting the current chair. I am sure you recall this used to happen
every year after new members join the board and a vote is called to either
extend or rotate the chairman position.

Am not sure if there has been a change this process and now the voting of
the Chair by board members happens on email ;-)

That said,

I had not bothered to read the board minutes under discussion but after
reading them, I am a bit surprised that 4years later, AfriNIC board is
still obsessed with 'information control' strategies when they should be
concerned with 'information sharing' strategies.

Strictly speaking, Afrinic, as a community network has really nothing worth
hiding (other than as per Data Protection Act/Regulations). Furthermore
trying to hide or suppress what is already a public document, does not send
a good signal to the community.

Dr. Bope, our Chairman, I am sure you can actually move beyond this and
focus the board in more progressive endeavors.

best regards and all the best.

walu.