[Community-Discuss] Gratitude (off-topic)

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu May 30 12:04:35 UTC 2019

Dear Mike,
At 03:16 AM 30-05-2019, Mike Silber wrote:
>As you well know, the Members include Registered Members, Resource
>Members and Associate Members, however only the Registered Members
>(i.e. the Directors) have any authority under the Mauritian
>Companies Act and the Resource Members and Associate Members have no
>legal standing under that Act.

I recall that there were comments about the above over the
years.  There was an accountability assessment in 2015.  There was a
meeting in November 2016 during which the Members were requested to
decide on improvements to the RIR accountability mechanisms.  One or
more proposals which was, in my opinion, in the interests of Members
was rejected.

I would have to hire a lawyer to get a good view of what is mentioned
above as it is a complex matter.  In my opinion legal standing would
depend on common law.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy