[Community-Discuss] Stakeholder involvement (was: Gratitude)

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Wed May 29 18:40:43 UTC 2019

Dear Dewole,
At 02:32 AM 29-05-2019, Adewole Ajao wrote:
>Is there a globally acceptable standard of board confidentiality for
>community-driven organizations that are responsible for managing
>public resources? Can we look at improving the confidentiality
>agreement that is used by the AFRINIC board? Although as

There isn't a global standard of board confidentiality for
not-for-profit entities which manage public resources.

Afrinic Ltd is a legal entity which operates on a not-for-profit
basis.  Such entities sometimes adhere to a code of corporate
governance.  The code may, among other things, provide guidance about
the standard of confidentiality for the board members of
entity.  There are also the relevant laws which a board member may
have to be familiar with.

If I am not mistaken, the matter under discussion may be related to
stakeholder involvement.  Is the community one of the
stakeholders?  If the answer to that is yes, where can it be
involved?  Would it be through this mailing list?  Which information
would the community like to have?  There is, for example, a report of
financial performance for the first quarter of 2019 [1].  Is the
published information adequate?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.afrinic.net/finance/2019