[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue May 28 10:49:36 UTC 2019

Dear AfriNIC board members,

reference is made in below email, and also in several other discussion
items regarding AfriNIC and its governance, to an NDA that board members
are to adhere to.

Can you share the document please?

I'm convinced that people have seen it before they signed the NDA.
Because they have to read it before they sign it.
So the NDA is shared before coming into effect for any (new) board
member. So I trust the NDA doesn't fall under the NDA, because it is
information that people get before signing the NDA.

If more good reasons to share it are required:
For arguments' sake, let's assume someone wants to become a board
member, through being a candidate and winning elections: would it not be
fair to share before this process the document that this person would be
required to sign when elected?

In case this request does not work, I would ask any new board member of
AfriNIC to share the NDA document on social media or public mailing list
before signing it. Before they have to adhere to the NDA.

It's just more transparency ;-)

Thanks,
Frank