[Community-Discuss] Internet shutdown in Africa

Iyedi Goma iyedigoma at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:41:53 UTC 2019

hello sookun , Dewole, SM

i like your point of view, but we need to put every thing in the context
My question is: what is the influence or notoriety of local  IGF initiative
,MAG ? or WAIGF?
i know that most of you as been involve in IGF process in they country or
sub-region, what is the level of influence to the government ? let me
answer nothing
IGF initiative is not so  strong to constraint any government , in 2016 i
was in AFRICAN IGF we make a nice and strong statement again Internet
Shutdown , what as been the result nothing

This is not an easy matter we can not suggest to  the local IGF MAG to
solve this case alone, it will not  work
we may need to raise all the ecosystem to be involve (AFRINIC, IGF,
AFNOC,AU,A ITU, AF***, ISOC, ICANN .....) to be tougher as one, this may
work.
one organization can not face, and solve this issue

best regards