[Community-Discuss] Reform Nomcomm - was Announcement for Final Candidate Slate for Open Seat on AFRINIC Governance Committee

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Sun Jun 16 21:41:13 UTC 2019

Hi Owen,

On 6/16/19 5:58 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Personally, I think that we should simply eliminate the geographic
> restrictions on board seats and have a single AfriNIC board elected from
> qualified candidates from within the region, regardless of where in the
> region they come from.

The Nomination Committee extended the call for nominations [1] to
attract more nominations.

I do not think that the geographic restriction is the reason for few
volunteers to serve on the AfriNIC board.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1]
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-June/002974.html