[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Tue Jun 11 07:54:50 UTC 2019

Hi Owen,

On 5/28/19 9:13 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Indeed, the one and only legitimate item on the agenda was then deferred
> to the next meeting followed  by, perhaps, the most absurd question and
> most ridiculous answer in the entire set of minutes:
>
>     “The Chair asked the Board whether there is a need to seek SM’s
>     consent before the public release of the Court Rulings.”
>

> Let me get this straight… The Chair felt compelled to ask the board
> whether or not they needed the consent of a single board member (which I
> see no particular reason to ask this particular board member and there
> is no explanation in the minutes) prior to the public release of a
> document which is ALREADY PUBLIC? How can the board possibly do anything
> before the public release of a document which was, by definition,
> publicly released at the time the board received it?

I do not agree with your statement that this is an absurd question. In
fact, I believe it is a legitimate requirement to have the person's
consent before publishing any document that contains personal
information about the person.

AFRINIC Ltd being a registered company in Mauritius has to abide to the
Data Protection Act [1] of Mauritius.

In fact, on the same note, I notice that the privacy statement [2] of
afrinic.net dates back to September 2015 and refers the Data Protection
Act 2004 instead of the 2017's amended act.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1]
http://dataprotection.govmu.org/English/Publications/Documents/Act%20No.%2020%20-%20The%20Data%20Protection%20Act%202017.pdf