[Community-Discuss] Reform Nomcomm - was Announcement for Final Candidate Slate for Open Seat on AFRINIC Governance Committee

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Wed Jun 5 14:29:27 UTC 2019

Hi Walu and all,

The NomCom report shared with the invitation includes _some_ info.
- It received 11 nominations.
- one was withdrawn
- 8 are remaining

that means to me that 2 were "filtered".

I requested them to disclose how many nominations *for each seat* were
received.
When this gets answered we will see for which seats there was filtering.

I agree we shouldn't have this black box.
I agree NomCom should explain why nominees were "kicked out".
I believe the members voting should be provided with the information
that is now used to reject nominees and then be allowed to make their
own choice.

Regards,
Frank