[Community-Discuss] Announcement for Final Candidate Slate for Open Seat on AFRINIC Governance Committee

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Tue Jun 4 10:29:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

> All of the applicable definitions require the ability (right) to freely choose. When there is no choice, there is no election.

And to be perfectly clear on this: as there is no election, I believe this violates section 13.7(i) of the Afrinic bylaws, as those explicitly state:

"""
Except for the Chief Executive Officer, and subject to Articles 13.1O and 13.11, all other Directors shall be elected by Resource and Registered Members on the date of each Annual General Members' Meeting.
"""

No election -> no Directors

Cheers,
Sander