[Community-Discuss] Report of the AFRINIC Open Mic Session on June 20

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:01:52 UTC 2019

Dear Dawit, Michuki and the Community,

Thank you, ISOC for reporting back on this very important assignment.
While I did not immediately see the need to have you play this role at
that meeting, of course I questioned this on the floor, further
explanations made it easier for me.

Now that the Community and the Board have the report, time to begin to
nibble at the problems.

First .. let us fix NOMCOM and the nominations/election/voting process.
That will go a long way to sort out the ISPA-ZA concerns.

Next, engage more ISPAs and NOGs to bridge the gap with members and the
community at large.

Trust comes with consistency. We will get there.

Regards ...

Sunday.

On 23/07/2019 2:14 PM, Michuki Mwangi wrote:

> Hello all,

> As you might remember, the AFRINIC board asked Dawit and I to moderate the open mic discussion after the board meeting on June 20. We accepted the request and moderated the meeting as best as we could.

> With some delay, we have prepared a report of the meeting that we would like to share here (attached). Kindly note that we focused on reporting on the issues raised rather than providing detailed minutes of the discussion. Please let us know if there is any inaccuracy so that we make corrections before submitting a final version.

> Thank you,

> Dawit Bekele and Michuki Mwangi

> Internet Society

> African Regional Bureau

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com