[Community-Discuss] Data protection

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Jul 12 09:46:56 UTC 2019

Dear Owen,
At 05:52 PM 11-07-2019, Owen DeLong wrote:

>While the fact that Mauritius stupidly (IMHO) signed an agreement

>making this paragraph problematic, many other nations in Africa have

>not and so it's again questionable whether the law can be applied to

>entities outside of AfriNIC that are in countries that haven't

>agreed to partake in this particular brand of European overreach.

>(Which I admit

Please see Article 4(d) of the Registration Services Agreement
[1]. In my opinion, the data protection law helps to provide
protection for the data and information of Resource Members. It may
be useful to legal entities which have to consider information
technology as part of their corporate governance framework.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.afrinic.net/membership/agreements