[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Borad Elections

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Fri Jul 5 08:13:58 UTC 2019

> On 3 Jul 2019, at 15:50, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss <community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

> I’m angrier about this as much as I think on it again.

> Can the board and the staff investigate this?

> Can all the people that got those emails confirm if they have provided voluntarily their emails or if they have participated in Afrinic lists, or if those emails are part of their Afrinic contacts, in order to understand if this personal data (emails are personal data), have been collected from Afrinic internal databases.

There is no reasonable way for AFRINIC staff to investigate whether the recipients had agreed to receive the messages sent by Wafa Dahmani. There is also no reasonable way for staff to investigate whether email addresses were collected from the public WHOIS database. There is no non-public AFRINIC database that could have been used.

Regards,
Alan Barrett