[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Larus foundation fellowship

Ousmane M. TESSA ousmane at musatesa.net
Wed Jul 3 08:17:08 UTC 2019

A+  Jordi!

As an academic, most useful educational materials to leraners
community have to be FAIR (findable accessible interoperable and
reusable)!

So selective use of filtered and uncorrect "quoted" opinions have a
flavour of ... project!

Those who say that they come as samaritain to "help" must bear in mind
that AfriNIC community is more agile and smart than they think!

RESPECT! RESPECT! "Shouting is not a act of vitality"!

Dr Ousmane TESSA

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss
<community-discuss at afrinic.net> a écrit :

> Actually, I think this is something to be done by Afrinic, with the

> help of PDP chairs and policy proposal authors. The goal is not to

> convince them about *ANY* policy proposal, just to have more open

> time for openly discussing them, and mainly oriented to newcomers,

> but not only.

> I’ve actually suggested (several times) for the last couple of

> years, some of those activities, that I’ve suggested as well in

> other RIRs and have been implemented already, with a great success.

> Up to now, it has never been done, despite how much I’ve insisted

> (staff and co-chairs can confirm that I’ve once and again provided

> lots of those ideas).

> Here is a copy & paste of an email about that with the staff:

> … concrete actions some of the in every meeting:

>     1) Setting up open sessions for discussion with policy

> proposal authors. The idea is that all the authors (willing to

> contribute) have a short explanation of each policy proposal (no

> slides, a common slide with titles of all policy proposals just for

> reference), and they can discuss openly with the participants. There

> is not any decision process here.

>     In order to plan agenda, I suggest doing this after the

> session for newcomers and/or sponsored fellows, same meeting room,

> so the people don't need to move, make it as easier as possible for

> them. In LACNIC we did that on Sunday evening because most of the

> folks travel on the morning. Distances and flights aren't the same

> in this region, so we should consider that.

>     2) Setting up specific tables for lunch for the same. Similar

> to above, so people with interest or questions about policy

> proposal, can sit down with authors to have a more open discussion.

>     3) Group Dynamics. Take newcomers and other people interested

> in the PDP. One morning before the policy-day. Create 3-4 small

> groups depending on how many folks participate (may be more if there

> are more people, but you need one staff or co-chair for each group),

> and each group should work in "understanding" a different policy

> proposal, looking for pros-cons, and trying to "develop" consensus

> on it and then presenting shortly their results to all the groups.

> The idea is that they get used to the process and can bring their

> views to the policy day. As the previous ones, this is not a formal

> part of the PDP. But in LACNIC has been useful because new people

> get engaged in the list and in the mics of the meeting.

> Regards,

> Jordi

> @jordipalet

> El 2/7/19 20:55, "Noah" <noah at neo.co.tz> escribió:

> On Tue, 2 Jul 2019, 17:11 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via

> Community-Discuss, <community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

>> When anyone present a summary of a policy proposal (which

>> has been done already by the authors) you’re directly or indirectly

>> doing your own analysis and arguing for or against based on your

> [...]

Dr Ousmane MOUSSA TESSA
Département de mathématiques et d'informatique
Université A. Moumouni, Niamey, NIGER
Adresse postale: B.P. 10.111 Niamey, NIGER
Téléphone (domicile): +227 20 31 52 28
          (mobile) :  +227 93 77 74 93 /  91 49 16  39 / 96 27 99
92
E-mail: ousmane(at)musatesa.net ou musatesa(at)yahoo.com
Skype : musatesa