[Community-Discuss] Larus foundation fellowship

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue Jul 2 11:00:23 UTC 2019

Wafa

Thanks for this response. It’s critical that new members open their eyes and minds and make reasoned unbiased contributions to the PDP.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Jul 2019, at 12:35, wafa DAHMANI <wafa at ati.tn<mailto:wafa at ati.tn>> wrote:

Hi

It fell under public domain, that those who benefited from Larus foundation fellowship to attend the last afrinic meeting in Kampala, were given a confidential Education package on AFRINIC Number Resources Policy proposals detailed in the following link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kf7K8JdL-zl5NYjlboltmoXeq2mAJvNg

The document lists the proposals to be discussed, Larus Foundation views of Pros and Cons on each of them, selective PDWG participants interventions on the proposals.

The education package so proposed intends to condition these participants views on the proposals and their contributions at the PPM and after....

I like to remind us that the PDP is open for any individual willing to participate. Views expressed are personal. No need to know who is behind each source email address... only opinions expressed in the context of the PDP matter. The substance of contribution really matter. Diversity of views are encouraged. Lack of disagreement is more important than of agreement. Also PDP is not a matter of volume, repetition or persistence.

RFC 7282 section 6 and 7 are clear on these aspects of the rough consensus process.

Section 6
One hundred people for and five people against might not be rough consensus.

Section 7
Five people for and one hundred people against might still be rough consensus

My African fellows,

Your desire to participate to AFRINIC policy development Process is legitimate and must be encouraged. I hope the last meeting was useful to you and allow you to identify the issues, understand what is going on and what Africa needs... I hope you’ve made your minds and now able to speak on your personal capacity..

The real education package is as below:
=====

Proposal to establish AFRINIC
http://web01.jnb.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/archive/ppm-minutes/862-kuala-lumpur-1997

IANA report on AFRINIC (Accreditation)
https://www.iana.org/reports/2005/afrinic-report-05aug2005.pdf

AFRINIC constitution
https://www.afrinic.net/bylaws

Registration Service Agreement
https://www.afrinic.net/membership/agreements#rsa

AFRINIC policy manual
https://afrinic.net/policy/manual

AFRINIC policies before the adoption of the CPM
https://www.afrinic.net/cpm-pre

AFRINIC PDP
https://www.afrinic.net/policy

Rough Consensus
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282

AFRINIC current policy proposals
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/proposals

RiRs PDPs
https://www.nro.net/policy/regional/

RIR comparative policy overview
https://www.nro.net/policy/regional/rir-comparative-policy-overview/

Please read and process them, ask questions and find your way.

Come build African Internet by Africans.

As for Larus Foundation, your relationship to cloud innovation, afrinic member with suspicious activities, holding 6 millions of IPv4 is long established and discussed many times on this list. I hope the fellows would find these discussions in the archives.

I call the attention of the board on the repetitive attempts of this resource member to hijack the PDP for its sordid intentions... the provisions of the bylaws and RSA must carefully be applied to recall members to acceptable code of conduct.

The African Internet community as well as the global Internet community must pay close attention and protect the RIRs Policy development process and operations.

-Wafa