[Community-Discuss] [Board-Discuss] AFRINIC Board Community Engagement

Bope Domilongo Christian christianbope at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 11:32:06 UTC 2019

Dear Adewole and community,

The following agenda will be discussed.

*1. Strategic plan*

The current strategic plan is from 2016 to 2020. AfriNIC management
will publish an assessment of the current strategic plan and launch a
consultation on the strategic plan for 2021 to 2025.

* 2. Election guidelines*

AfriNIC is holding a public consultation about the election
guidelines. The deadline for comments is 13 December 2019

* 3. Filling of casual vacancy for Eastern Africa (Seat 6)*

The seat on the Board for Eastern Africa is vacant since October.
The Board has decided to fill the seat according to the process which was
followed for the previous casual vacancies.

*4. External Auditor for Financial Year 2019*

AfriNIC has a statutory requirement to appoint an External Auditor.
The External Auditor which was appointed for FY 2019 informed AfriNIC that
it will be unavailable to conduct the exercise. A letter was sent to PwC
to provide the rationale behind their decision and we are still waiting for
PwC response. AfriNIC will be appointing an External Auditor to fill the
casual vacancy as per section 15.3 (v).

*5. Update on IP investigation*

AFRINIC has attracted some media coverage relating to suspicious
activity in its WHOIS database primarily a limited section of legacy
resources. investigation was initiated. The investigation is ongoing.

*6. Open the floor.*