[Community-Discuss] Re :Re: Internet shutdown in Africa

Yazid AKANHO yakanho2 at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 29 19:22:00 UTC 2019

Dear all, What happened yesterday was an unbelievable nightmare.Up to twenty social media and some VPN as Openvpn were blocked around 12 am on saturday night. Both MNO subscribers were affected. The internet community used alternative VPN apps and started designing a plan and posting tweets.From 10am to 01PM, we started notice complete shutdown of ISPs and MNO one after one.The community abroad continued the tweets and a joined statement involving many associations was published (URL below).
Finally, Internet came back around 12:20 AM on monday morning.
Till now, no official answer from the government or regulator despite the multiple calls.The community is still organizing to continue actions. Thanks to all those who are supporting us.I will keep you informed.
statement:FR : https://www.accessnow.org/lettre-ouverte-sur-le-maintien-de-linternet-ouvert-et-securise-au-benin/
EN: https://www.accessnow.org/benin-heads-to-elections-without-social-media-and-opposition-parties/

Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour Android

  Le lun., avr. 29, 2019 à 16:58, Iyedi Goma<iyedigoma at gmail.com> a écrit :   _______________________________________________