[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri May 18 20:43:16 UTC 2018

On Fri, 18 May 2018, 9:04 p.m. Mark Elkins, <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> I've no idea if you were in Dakar. I was.
>
> One person who was chatted to admitted she was a dress maker and was there
> for the free lunch. She otherwise had no interest in the conference - not
> even about putting up a web site to sell her products. She was not the only
> one. Yes, she was a local African. I take my hat off to the locals. They
> dressed well so easily blended in. Actually, that helped give them away.
> Most of the AfriNIC regulars wore T-shirts or more casual clothing and
> carried bags or laptops.

We need to find you something to keep you busy in the next meetings to save
you from this food related concerns.

For goodness sake, Its our custom in Africa to welcome vistors into our
homes and functions to feast together with us and share food as a
celebration of kinship.

The invention of fire brought humans together but its food that brought us
even more closer together as people.

Its rather bazar that of all things, folks we would consider as seniors
with full of wisdom from years of experience are wining about people eating
food.

I bet to some people even drinking-water would cost someone dying with a
thirst some dime.

Money will indeed continue to corrupt us as a people and we will loose our
human values.

No one in Dakar starved even though a few curious visitors from the public
who hard of the meeting came around.

Noah