[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:56:53 UTC 2018

Le ven. 18 mai 2018 à 13:57, Ben Roberts <Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com> a
écrit :

> Service delivery from Afrinic was also historically poor but improved
> hugely under the leadership of new CEO Mr Barrett.

This is HUGE claim. Can you provide some fact and detail to back this up?
Especially comparative to last CEO?

3 year ago, a RIDICULOUS thing start on this mailing list: everything bad
with AFRINIC was fault of old CEO and old board. New CEO and new board are
saviour.

Seem people already make up their mind based on whether they like somebody
or not. Fact be damn.

> So I’m speaking from experience as an Afrinic member.
>
> Are you an LIR these days?  Is your experience of Afrinic value for money
> better than mine ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 May 2018, at 10:39, Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 May 2018, at 12:10, Ben Roberts <Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com>
> wrote:
>
> Noah,
>

> Yes one of the ways that Afrinic wastes lots of money flying people
> around. This contributes to why our fees are so high compared to other RIRs
> we are in.
>
> Sorry to get personal but for someone of your experience and looking at
> the financials over the last few years taunting the above line is pure
> misinformation.
>
> Secondly a company of your size what you pay AFRINIC is probably a
> fraction of someone’s salary.
>
> Fees are based on your consumption if your business is growing and you
> need more resources you not only make a justification to AFRINIC but also
> to the Business.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 May 2018, at 09:41, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Ben Roberts <
> Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> The election was run and winner declared. Majority of votes cast to have
>> none of the candidates join the board.
>>

> So its pointless to have a nomcom in other-words and therefore AfriNIC
> will be wasting members money to conduct elections which involves
> facilitating members of nomcom to fly to meetings to conduct elections
> where no candidate is elected.
>
> Come on folks...
>
> Noah

Borg le Chevalier