[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri May 18 10:31:01 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Ben Roberts <Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

> Noah,
>
> The Nomcom are on a tough gig as Mark says. It maybe wasn’t their fault
> not to get more candidates.

Nomcom work is only tough, if a certain segment of the membership decides
not to support a certain candidate which is their right but then goes on to
affect other qualified candidates.

I think every region should elect their own candidate and when on the
board, they serve based on their fiduciary duties.

> I know quite a few very qualified and good and reputable candidates who
> would love to stand and give leadership to Afrinic.

And who are these?

But those people don’t want to touch it given the state Afrinic is in right
> now.

They dont deserve to be. You can not claim to want to be part of the
solution only when there are no challenges.

> Kind regards.
>
> Ben.

Noah