[Community-Discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Boubakar Barry Boubakar.Barry at wacren.net
Thu May 17 10:04:14 UTC 2018

Hello Board and Legal Counsel,

Good that Omo spotted this.

It’s a matter of applying the board election process adopted by the board
according to section 13.2 of the bylaws.

https://afrinic.net/en/community/elections/bod-election/process describes
the process and section 9 spells out how to interpret the results in the
case there are more than one candidate and in the case there is only one
candidate. These two cases are addressed separately and differently.

It’s important to hear from the Board and the Legal Counsel, as the
elections can be challenged.

Please advise.

Regards.

Boubakar