[Community-Discuss] Allegation of Harassment

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Mar 22 14:23:12 UTC 2018

And see - Sorry Alan, but I view this as entirely unacceptable.

There is precedent at play here - when the NDA violations in the past were admitted - board members were asked to vacate there seats with immediate effect.  Where they chose to be investigated and have hearings held - those hearings were scheduled by the board again - almost immediately - and the time frames for those hearings clearly communicated.

The GC has been tasked to report back to the board with TOR's - that does not even finalize the investigation - that means effectively that the investigation may not start until the 1st of May and there is almost no way that it will be completed before Dakar - and I do not think this community wants to be flying someone - at AfriNIC's expense - to Dakar - when he has clearly violated the NDA.

If the board is NOT willing to act in this situation in a consistent manner with the way they have acted in the past - and is willing to apply a double standard - then the board itself becomes complicit - and again - I reiterate - this now has to get to a point where the community starts to ask itself if the board has gone rogue and is simply protecting its own - in which case - is it perhaps time for the community to take stronger action

Andrew