[Community-Discuss] Allegation of Harassment

Evelyn Namara evelyngeek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:08:57 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I seem to get a general sense that the sexual allegations are a lesser
concern to this community than the NDA violation. To me, both offenses
carry the same weight and
therefore should be treated with the same level of urgency.

One of the reasons more women are not in this tech Industry even after
studying and excelling in Technology and Engineering degrees is because of
fear of their own safety.
We must be very vocal on issues of sexual harassment especially in a
male-dominated field.

Yes, I know these allegations are pending investigations; so don't remind
me of this; My one plea is that this issue is not swept under the rug and
that it is looked at
with the ultimate care and urgency, it deserves.

It would also be helpful for the community to know the timelines of these
investigations. Are we waiting for weeks, months, a year?
When should we expect a report on these issues?

Thank you.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> Hi Isabel,
>
> > PS. Is Hytham laying low hoping to be forgotten?
>
> He doesn't seem to have been the person violating the NDA, so that part of
> the accusation doesn't relate to him.
>
> Cheers,
> Sander

Evelyn Namara