[Community-Discuss] Cotonou Meeting

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Mon Jun 18 13:59:13 UTC 2018

> On 18 Jun 2018, at 15:57, Dabu Sifiso <dabu.sifiso at yandex.com> wrote:
>

> Noah,
>
> Thank you, I didn't know AFRINIC was listing the events attended or supported and then precise specification of which ones are sponsored.
> For anyone interested, it seems there was 8 sponsored external meetings in 2017 which is quite a good amount.
>
> https://www.afrinic.net/images/doc/annual-report-2017.pdf
> Page 29 for anyone interested to actually double check the information.
>
> Do you by any chance know where does this type of sponsoring fall on page 33?
>
> I guess it is either one or both of the following categories:
>
> Outreach initiatives
> 39,893 US$ out of a planned budget of 101,000 US$
> Community Support
> 247,147 US$ out of a planned budget of 262,000US$

Sponsorship of events comes out of the Community Support budget.  Here’s how we spent that money in 2017:

Contribution to FIRE grants and awards programme: $71,000
AFRINIC’s share of NRO payment to ICANN:          $59,403
AFRINIC’s share of other NRO expenses:            $40,395
Fellowship programme:                             $44,875
Travel support for speakers at AFRINIC events:    $ 4,457
AFNOG sponsorship:                                $10,000
Sponsorship of other events ($1k to $3k each):    $17,000
TOTAL:                                            $247,130

Regards,

Alan Barrett
CEO, AFRINIC