[Community-Discuss] Cotonou Meeting

Marcus K. G. Adomey madomey at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:19:56 UTC 2018

Andrew,

You asked the following question: “what is being termed as a celebration of Africa IG 1998 – 2018.” Well, if you are not aware, keep in mind that in 1998, the architecture of the African Internet Ecosystem was designed in Cotonou.

The AfNOG as earlier as 1999 took the lead followed by the 2nd Af* organization called AfriNIC [ which you were a member of the Board of Directors], then followed by other Af* organizations. It is therefore NORMAL and RECOMMENDED to gratify hard work by celebrating success and indeed there is a lot of success which you blindly choose to ignore as usual.

The question that comes to mind is “where were you when the pioneers were working so hard to design and develop the African Internet Ecosystem?” Your CV on the AfriNIC website [1] gives a clue and the community know the person Andrew Alston very well!!!   And as we all know, nobody celebrates failure, bankruptcy, closure, controversy and so on; only success calls for celebration and more reflection for improved progress. After HIGH SCHOOL, you were learning to install servers when the leaders were working at establishing institutions so at best you are a self-aggrandizing behaving like a joker trying to make yourself important by ridiculing your betters. From this perspective, attenuating condition is granted with forgiveness but does not clear you from being tagged so mischievous in this community after all public interest is not something you understand.

I encourage the community to actively  join this celebration, learn about the 2 decades journey  and discuss the future. Nothing can stop a determined community.

Marcus

PS – Apart from your numerous attempts to destroy Afrinic (which will NEVER happen), could you please suggest another way, so we help you to FAST TRACK your exit from AfriNIC Community to RIPE or ARIN, since that is your heart desire?

[1] https<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>://<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>meeting.afrinic.net<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>img<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>/Candidates/<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>Andrew%20Alston<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>/<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>AndrewAlston<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>_<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>CV.pdf<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18/sites/default/files/img/Candidates/Andrew%20Alston/AndrewAlston_CV.pdf>