[Community-Discuss] Incident between myself and Prof. Quaynor

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue May 30 20:42:09 UTC 2017

+1

On 5/30/17, 7:04 PM, "Benjamin Eshun" <benjamin.eshun at gmail.com> wrote:

Owen

Your genuine comments are duly noted bellow.  But the world over people with the best intentions to service all mess up somewhere and are accountable.  We have seen people resign from top positions in the US for failing to submit information.

What makes it so different for Africa.  250 people are here at AIS because they have a passion for the community.  No one has a monopoly on passion.

In my book the community has been very clear that this behavior is unacceptable, and the routine apology won’t work since we know it will happen again.

I was actually thinking that what powers do Nomcom have in this situation, since they seem to have put a candidate on the slate who has proven that he might not be fit to be a board member.

We need to start somewhere and I think this is a perfect place to start.

Andrew needs to do the civil thing accept his weakness and take a break from the board and reflect on how he can control his behavior to serve the community better in future.

Benjamin