[Community-Discuss] Incident between myself and Prof. Quaynor

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 30 13:41:59 UTC 2017

> On May 30, 2017, at 1:00 AM, Ramanou S. BIAOU <biaous2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> How this person (With bad qualities) became a AfriNIC Board member​?​
>
> Ramanou

I have known Nii and Andrew for several years now and attended several AfriNIC meetings over that time.

I will not defend Andrew’s actions in this event. They are, in fact, indefensible.

However, I will say that all AfriNIC board members are human beings. As humans, we all have our bad and our good qualities.

In Andrew’s case, his user interface is one of his worst qualities. He often lets passion get the better of his judgment and I hope he will learn from this incident to exercise better judgment going forward.

However, I also know that deep down in his heart, Andrew is passionate about trying to do right by this community and has given quite a bit of his time in service to this community. He is often his own worst enemy and this is no exception. However, his heart is in the right place and I would hate to see his service to the community obscured behind the problems with his user interface.