[Community-Discuss] [AFRINIC-Announce] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed May 24 22:20:27 UTC 2017

Hello Board Chair,

While going through this approved Financial Statements by the Board, I have
noted concerns that needs some clarifications.

1. Total emoluments and other benefits given to directors by the Company
during the year *2016 were 164.72*  compared to *74.49 in 2015 a 221%
increase in spend on directors*.

Can I ask the reason for such an Increase and can the membership have a
breakdown of this figure made public.

2. At 31 December 2016, trade receivables amounting to *USD 39,199 in 2016*
compared to *2015 : USD 26,098*, were impaired and written off during the
year meaning we are not managing our collections. This situation was
expected to improve but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can I get some clarifications considering in Gaborone when I tasked the
board for explain, the board indicated the situation would improve.

Noah

Noah

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:58 AM, AFRINIC Communication <
comm-announce at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> AFRINIC is pleased to advise that the Annual Financial Statements for the
> financial year to December 2016 is now available at:
> https://www.afrinic.net/images/doc/Unsigned_AFS_2016.pdf
>
> Kindly take note that, at its meeting on the 19th April 2017, AFRINIC
> Board approved the Audited Financial Statements as presented (board
> resolution 201704.332  - https://www.afrinic.net/about/
> bod/meeting/2017#r332).
>
> All the required signatures are being assembled and once completed, a
> fully signed and complete set of 2016 Audited Financial Statements together
> with the signed External Auditors reports and Opinions shall be published.
>
> As per the bylaws Section 7.6  the audited financial statement will be
> presented at the AGMM on 1 June 2017, for adoption by the members.

*./noah*