[Community-Discuss] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sun May 14 10:44:56 UTC 2017

Ish

And you think you have the ability or power to influence any state by this policy ???

This policy is actually doing more Harm to Afrinic than any potential good.

An image the leadership need to work hard to recover as we work on the real Vision of Afrinic

“Spearheading Internet technology and policy development in the African region”

And the Mission

“To serve the African community by providing professional and efficient management of Internet number resources, supporting Internet technology usage and development, and promoting a participative and multi-stakeholder approach to Internet self-governance.”

The above two guiding principles of our organization are very clear about participative engagement.

So I re-stress my point.  Unless we plan to change the vision and Mission, this policy should never have passed the PDP process in the form it was presented.

Badru