[Community-Discuss] Closed members and recovered resources

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Jun 29 10:29:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

> This is worrying.
>
> A former board member using privileged insider information to demand
> accountability and transparency from current board members.

Indeed, it is worrying that insider knowledge is necessary to know what information to ask for. That already shows a lack of transparency. Afrinic (morally) belongs to its members, and I understand the desire of those members to know how their organisation is run so they can have trust that it is run well. It would indeed be good to be able to build this trust without using insider knowledge.

> What does AfriNIC legal adviser have to say about this sort of disclosure?

Nothing has been disclosed that wasn't already disclosed through the minutes etc. Everybody could have asked for publication of reports mentioned in the minutes.

Cheers,
Sander