[Community-Discuss] Closed members and recovered resources

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 09:06:53 UTC 2017

Mr Alston,

Your crafty discussions about the NDA fuels a perception that there is a
problem(s) which is being hidden from the public.

I think you should start from issues you raised as a Board member, on
the board, which the Board did not attend to, or indeed ignored. You are
free to refer to specific things in the Board minutes, there are no NDAs
there.

Go for that!

Sunday.

On 28/06/2017 11:19, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Sunday – I happen to disagree with you – strongly – and I am curious
> to hear the opinions of the members.
>
> Please keep in mind – I HAVE that letter – I know exactly what it is
> in – I however, signed an NDA – and I will not disclose the contents
> of what is in there under any circumstances without it being
> published.  That being said – I **DO** believe that there is
> information in there that is material to the members of this
> organisation – that I do not believe have been disclosed and that
> should be.
>
> I also do not believe for a second that this is a simple case of one
> management letter – this is about locking in transparency for the
> future – today – we have a fairly innocuous document from my
> understanding – tomorrow – who knows – and I want a situation that
> guarantees that in the future – we have precedent that will result in
> total transparency and nothing hidden.
>
> In the coming days – I will be asking a series of questions – and I
> will explain up front and with transparency exactly what my goals are
> – and what the limits of those questions will be.
>
> Firstly – under no circumstances will I violate the NDA to which I am
> a signatory of – I hold myself to standards on that and nothing will
> convince me to step outside of that.
>
> Secondly – I am deeply concerned about much of what I have seen – and
> I believe strongly that we need more transparency – and while we have
> done good work in the last few years that work must continue.  Once I
> feel, as a member, within my rights and powers granted by the bylaws,
> that we are in a place where
>
>  1. The board is bound to follow the bylaws – to the very letter of
>     every clause
>  2. That the board is bound to follow the law – every aspect of it –
>     law which I will not attempt to interpret – there are lawyers on
>     this list for that – and there is in house council – I will merely
>     question based  on my understanding – and then here the responses
>     and learn from them
>  3. The board is acting in the best interests of the community with
>     total transparency at all times – I will let the community through
>     their voice indicate when they feel there is enough transparency –
>     but right now – I am not getting that impression.
>  4. That the corporate governance of the organisation is of
>     international standard and in full compliance with what is running
>     in the NCCG as published in the area in which AfriNIC is
>     domiciled.  While this is partially the function of the governance
>     committee – any question I ask on this list of course may be taken
>     up and looked at by them should they choose to do so – but the
>     creation of such a committee did in no way detract from the rights
>     of members to question what is in effect their organisation.
>
> Then – and only then – will I cease to ask the questions.  As I have
> said to you openly – and I will say it publicly – the questions that
> [...]

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email:sfolayan at skannet.com.ng,sfolayan at gmail.com