[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at skannet.com
Sat Jun 17 18:57:37 UTC 2017

Gentlemen,

On 17/06/2017 16:00, Boubakar Barry wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Alan Barrett
> <alan.barrett at afrinic.net <mailto:alan.barrett at afrinic.net>> wrote:
>

>     > On 17 Jun 2017, at 18:07, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz
>     <mailto:noah at neo.co.tz>> wrote:
>     > Let me ask this differently perhaps I will get a clear answer.
>     >
>     > Ref: Defaulted members:  how much recovered space from 2015,
>     2016 and 2017 and where are these recovered ressoutces?
>
>     I’ll find out.  I don’t see a privacy concern in reporting the
>     total amount of recovered space.
>
>     > You are concerned about closed member privacy yet this is public
>     information,  how many  members have since closed?
>
>     As I said, I am seeking legal advice on whether or not information
>     about closed memebrs may be published.
>

> In my opinion, there shouldn't be a privacy issue in providing the
> _number_ of members resources have been recovered from; exactly as for
> the amount of recovered space. Is legal advice really needed for this?

The CEO did not say that he cannot provide the __number__ of members.
Indeed he said he is working  on that.

in his words ..  "I’ll find out. I don’t see a privacy concern in
reporting the total amount of recovered space".

He is however reported he is seeking legal advise regarding publishing
the __LIST__

Sunday.