[Community-Discuss] plea for increase participation in v6ops/IETF

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Jun 17 08:05:28 UTC 2017

For what its worth, I subscribe to the v6ops mailing list.

The current discussion are about what should a Home Router do (DHCPv6,
DNS - etc).
I am currently silent though - just reading what others say, following
the arguments.

On 17/06/2017 01:41, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
> Hi Jordi,
> At 02:52 11-06-2017, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> At the last LACNIC event, I mentioned on a couple of occasions the
>> need for ISPs in the region, especially small and medium-sized ones,
>> to participate in the decisions taken in the IETF IPv6 Operations
>> Working Group (v6ops). I'm sending this here as well, as I believe
>> the situation also apply to this region.
>>
>> When I asked among the attendees how many participate in v6ops, only
>> one person raised his hand.
>
> I took a quick look at the mailing list archive.  I could not find any
> participant who resides in Africa.
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496