[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Marcus K. G. Adomey madomey at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:12:59 UTC 2017

+ 1

Marcus

________________________________
From: Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:29:31 AM
To: Noah; Alan Barrett
Cc: General Discussions of AFRINIC
Subject: Re: [Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Chair

A response from any of the responsible persons might be of value.

I’m concerned that responses coming back to issues raised by community are not being given the due attention, with some glaring omissions which makes the members worry if we have all hands on deck.

Would it be advisable to have some kind of SLA in how long it takes to respond to community and Member queries??

I have noticed it takes quite some time for members to get an acknowledgement on issues raised.

Regards

On 6/15/17, 1:36 PM, "Noah" <noah at neo.co.tz<mailto:noah at neo.co.tz>> wrote:

On 14 Jun 2017 3:29 p.m., "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net<mailto:alan.barrett at afrinic.net>> wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 22:19, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz<mailto:noah at neo.co.tz>> wrote:
> Hi Chair,
>
> If the 39,199 was from members who defaulted and went out of business it means the resources are no longer in use by those specific members.
>
> Did we recover those resources back into Afrinic inventory for re-allocation/assignment?
>
> Can we please get a report on the space that was recovered as I couldnt find that anywhere on the AFRINIC website.

Although I was not asked this question, I perceive that some people may expect me to answer it.

Hi Alan,

Yes certainly....

Yes, resources from members who go out of business are recovered.  The recovered resources are quarantined for two years, during which time they are marked as RESERVED in the WHOIS database.  After the ene of he quarantine period, the recovered resources are released to the pool for possible re-use.

We do not publicise the names of the members concerned.  The reserved space may be found in raw data published at <ftp://ftp.afrinic.net/pub/stats/afrinic>.

As far as I am concerned the list of members who defaulted and/or under closure used to be published for example the below AFRINIC link.

http://web02.jnb.afrinic.net/community/policy-development/pdwg/1207-closure-list

Why are we being less transparent about this now? In fact since 2014, how many members were closed up until 2017 as that record doesnt exist today?

I also checked the ftp://ftp.afrinic.net/stats/afrinic/delegated-afrinic-extended-latest as you recommended.

Are all those 2411 INR marked as “reserved”, resources from recovery?

If not how can one tell the difference between which are the recovered space and everything else?

Noah
_______________________________________________ Community-Discuss mailing list Community-Discuss at afrinic.net<mailto:Community-Discuss at afrinic.net> https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/community-discuss