[Community-Discuss] Questions about transparency

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Jun 5 20:53:41 UTC 2017

On 05/06/2017 19:55, Mirriam wrote:

> > On Monday, June 5, 2017, 11:38:59 AM GMT+3, Mark Elkins
> <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:
>
> > I agree with you Ali. When Andrew first campaigned to be a Board
> member, one of his goals was increased transparency.
> > I believe that he has helped, with the rest of the Board, achieve this.
>
> Dear Mark,
>
> Well, the transparency we all see today was from the board minutes
> which were a result of the resolutions taken during the 2015 AGMM in
> Tunis and a demand from the entire community on the floor during that
> meeting. This is public knowledge and video archives are available on
> youtube Afrinic media channel when the entire community called for
> more transparency.  The call for transparency has been ongoing since
> 2015 up until today and its a call by the entire community and not an
> individual.

Hi Mirriam, you are almost correct. The resolution was obviously written
before that meeting and has, from even before Tunisia, continued to be
acted upon.
Andrew still used it as a champaign issue a year before Tunisia.
He didn't achieve this alone though, it was the combined will of the Board.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496