[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Removal of a director

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:08:40 UTC 2017

Dear Mr Alston,

Kindly clarify and let me know your questions that have not been answered.

As far as I know, it is the report of the investigations commissioned by
the Board on the Competitions Act, as requested by you, that is being
awaited. As soon as we have this, it will be shared with the community.

Please note that requests/questions to the Board should be made through
formal channels, such as via email to board at afrinic.net
<mailto:board at afrinic.net>.

With Kind regards,

Sunday Folayan.
Chair, AFRINIC Board

On 12/12/2017 18:52, Andrew Alston wrote:
> Will have to get all my notes when in front of a machine but basically:
>
> The bylaws state that by demand of 5% of the membership base an SGMM
> can be called.  The companies act state that any vote to remove a
> director has to be explicitly for that purpose and with no other items
> on the agenda - hence it stands to reason you need 5% of the member
> base to force the SGMM first.
>
> Then - the bylaws make reference to the removal of a director - and I
> believe demand a 2/3rds majority - but I will verify all of this for
> you with pleasure when back in front of a computer.
>
> The fact if I have looked into this pretty closely because i am
> getting together a petition document to attempt to force the SGMM in
> the event that the directors continue to be delinquent in answering
> questions the legality of certain operations and hence continue to
> violate their fiduciary duties to the membership base that elected them.
>
> And pass or fail - such an SGMM may send a wake up call that the board
> cannot continue to ignore, delay, postpone and pontificate to avoid
> accountability to the members who pay their expenses and elect them
>
> Andrew

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com