[Community-Discuss] How good was Afrinic-27 ?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun Dec 3 19:28:14 UTC 2017

I was unable to make the meeting but believed I was fully able to
participate via the remote participation system. There were only two or
three others logged remotely into the chat room, which I found
disappointing. I guess other remote people may have just silently
watched the stream. Anyway, the system worked well and the Scribing was
an excellent addition. My remote screen was delayed by about 30 seconds
- which meant often something had completed before one could even
comment - little that AFRINIC could do anything about. Perhaps the
AFRINIC staff representing remote participants could be allowed a place
or two forwards in any question queues to compensate?

I do think that at times questions could have been more succinctly given
- but perhaps that's just my culture.  At ICANN meetings, often a two (I
think) minute limit is given to any Question or Statement from the
floor. Perhaps something like that should be introduced.

I obviously only witnessed what happened in the main room.

Otherwise - a good meeting.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496