[Community-Discuss] "Fighting Internet Shutdown" - Any Role for AFRINIC?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Apr 15 17:16:30 UTC 2017

All Internet/Tech related organizations operating in Africa should sign a manifesto explicitly opposing Internet Shutdowns In Africa. These include:-

1. Afrinic
2. All National Tech/Telco Associations
3. AfTlD and related organizations
4. Any other related organizations.

It is clear to me that even if the above organizations do not have the power or powers to deny offending governments critical internet resources the clear message will go a long way in galvanizing the African people in defeating the non sense of Internet shut downs.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad