[Community-Discuss] Internet Shutdown session at AIS 2017

Evelyn Namara evelyngeek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:02:11 UTC 2017

+1 to the Regulatory authorities as well as Ministers of ICT
You should also mix it up with very strong civil society Organisations that
have spoken out on Internet Shutdowns widely. AccessNow, CIPESA etc come to
mind.

Regards,

Evelyn.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Tutu Ngcaba <pan.afrikhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear CEO of the Afrinic,
>
> The regulatory authorities of our various African countries and some other
> political officials and business officials who are investors in the
> internet economy of Africa.
>
> CEO and CIO of major Internet companies in our motherland.
>
> All this will also open discussion beyond just Internet shutdowns to
> governance and accountability.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Tutu Ngcaba
> Kwazulu Techno Hubs
> South Africa
>

> On 13 Apr 2017 5:34 p.m., "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
>> I intend to organise an open discussion about Internet shutdowns at the
>> forthcoming AIS meeting in Nairobi, Kenya, form 29 May to 2 June 2017.
>>
>> I’d like some suggesitons about who to invite as speakers.
>>
>> Alan Barrett
>> CEO, AFRINIC

Evelyn Namara | T: +256 754 440893 | E: enamara at riseup.net | Twitter:
@enamara <http://www.twitter.com/enamara> | Skype: enamara

PGP: B94D 3950 38D6 914A E054 D6C5 E82E 0F66 DC01 E30D