[Community-Discuss] [rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Thu Apr 13 14:21:12 UTC 2017

Arsene

The community should be wary not to be played.

On 4/13/17, 3:59 PM, "Arsène Tungali" <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:
Just read the article on theregistry.co.uk, a UK mainstream media, while no African newspaper thought of publishing it (or are they even aware of the ongoing discussion?) I simply love it and the way they put it. Anyone who is not familiar with this process will think it is something the AFRINIC Board is working on, rather than a simple proposal put forward by three community members (even if authors were mentioned as well).

Not wanting to point any connections is this not the same media house that published a private email to discredit a member of the community not long ago. ??

And again this is the same media house that has historically published information about AfriNIC where a certain member of the community is involved…..just saying

In my opinion, authors of this article made it sound like a warning to African governments, that Afrinic is working on a policy that will punish them if they dare shutting down the Internet; which is beautiful! I am sure if some governments read it, their impression (or trust) on afrinic will start to be altered (as many people have pointed out on this list).

This surely is something for the governance committee to look into.

A touch of “Tilapia” arround this whole policy proposal.