[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Sep 30 14:20:44 UTC 2016

Arnaud,

Sorry – but speaking as a member, and wearing my Liquid Telecom hat – I must respectfully disagree with you in the strongest terms.

It may at times be the CEO’s job to gauge consensus – that does not mean he has to build it.  However, in a case such as this – these are bylaw changes – he is free to have an opinion as is any member of this community.  He is also free to voice that opinion.  As a paying member – I will say that I VALUE the opinion of the CEO – if I do not know what the CEO is thinking, how can I as a member gauge what I like and what I don’t?  How can I as a member engage an organization who has a CEO that is gagged and unable to communicate to the paying members on his views and opinions.

So as a member – I want to hear what he has to say – I value his opinion – and I think that restricting him from using his voice and sharing his opinions is to throw away valuable views and guidance which can assist us.

Again – I strongly disagree with your sentiments as stated below.

Andrew Alston
Liquid Telecommunications – Group Head of IP Strategy