[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Fri Sep 30 12:24:56 UTC 2016

Hi Ashok,

> On 30 Sep 2016, at 15:27, Ashok Radhakissoon <ashok at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Alan,
> I am only replying to you on this as I advise the Board only.It is only during an AGMM, when called upon, that i intervene.

Actually, you replied to the mailing list, but no harm done.  I am also replying to the mailing list, and I have asked for the mailing list configuration to be changed so that it does not automatically add a “Reply-To” header in future.

> You are right in stating that the Company's Act takes precedence over the bylaws.
> I recall that after the Cairo election, the Community felt that bringing a substantial number of proxies especially from a particular region where AFRINIC membership was dense could not from a "community " perspective give the best representation for the Africa regions.This is why the limitation of the number of proxies was introduced and voted by the community.
> This provision of the bylaws would in no way withstand legal challenge as suggested by
> Andrew.

Thank you for the advice.  I suggest that the limit on pnumber of proxies should be removed.

Alan Barrett