[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Thu Sep 29 17:38:46 UTC 2016

> On 29 Sep 2016, at 21:22, Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:
>> On 29 Sep 2016, at 5:30 PM, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
>>
>> Correct – I think what Alan meant here (and he can correct me if I am wrong) is that the limitation does not apply to special resolution voting for example.

My main point was that the proxy limit does not apply to determining quorum or to voting on resolutions; only to voting in elections.  However, I was also under the mistaken impression that the limit came from the election guidelines, whereas it actually comes from the bylaws.

> If we thought it important enough to enshrine in the bye laws we should extend it to all voting processes.

If we have proxy limits at all, then I think that they should be applied equally to all relevant situations (determining quorum, and any vote my Members).

However, I am not convinced that there should be any limit.

Alan Barrett